Monday, February 16, 2009

Family Day

I was happy to have an extra day this weekend and spent a large part of the day in the studio. I feel like a day in the studio is as indulgent as a day at the spa (well, almost!) To be able to emerse myself in the process and be in the moment is a lesson I need to take out of the studio more often. My boys were relatively well behaved and only raced in and out on a few occasions. I am working on the last pillow sample. It is a small one and I may make another as well. This one is in the dyed finn wool...blue, orange and yellow and felts quite differently from the undyed wool in the grease. I still love it, of course. I have also set up 3 more pods that I now "just" need to felt. making the ropes is hard on the hands, but great to take out any frustrations! I will felt them when I am done the pillow and they are for my group exhibit that hangs the end of the month. Well, I am going to get kids to bed and watch some mindless show for an hour or so and look forward to tomorrow when I can once again be at the felt spa!

No comments:

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus