Tuesday, January 19, 2010

In Progress...

Well, I have begun making 3 large pods for my show. The above image show some "tail" and "stems" for the pieces. These are created first so they are ready to attach. They are fully felted as it it more difficult to get them really firm if you are also trying to manoeuver a heavy pod.

The image below shows the shortest stem held by my son...

The above shows just how firmly this is felted! There is nothing supporting this. My son is just holding it out straight. When I get to the stage when I think, "that's good enough", I step away and come back to finish later...

This is the beginning of the first pod layout. They will begin 4 feet long. They will hang in a space about 9 fett from the floor and the tails will trail on the floor. The blue layer you see is the inside. The days in the studio are going so fast and I am loving that my other business is very slow :o)
I had an email today from a local university gallery about a possible project for one of their small spaces used for installation. The project I proposed is a departure from my pods, but may be a nice change when the summer rolls around, but I am tight on time now. I'll fill you in if it comes to be! Bye for now...


Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

1 comment:

Ginga Squid said...

I love seeing your processes - its really interesting!

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus