Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Unplugged- Just a bit

The last couple of days, I have challenged myself to only turn my computer 3 times a day (instead of on until bedtime and back on before my coffee). My computer is in my main space and I have a serious habit of checking things every time I pass it. It is so easy to get sucked in to one site or another, especially for me as a news junkie. I think I have always wanted to know everyone's business and the internet is so full of it! The realization that I have lots of real work to do and my window is so small during the day means that a half hour here and there and my day is gone. No worries, I will still blog almost everyday as I have been....no one will likely even notice a change. Okay, maybe a couple fewer facebook status updates, but I think you will all survive without knowing what I had for lunch (roasted red pepper soup and corn chips, lol) My spring is going to arrive quickly meeting me with new teaching gigs and travel to shows and I think less time plugged in will mean less chaos as I prepare.

I have a fibre artists meeting tomorrow and then will head back to the studio as my hands are ready to felt again. I love the feeling of excitement I get just typing those words...the anticipation. My tummy does a turn and I relish the time to create in this amazing meduim...g-nite, sweet dreams!!

Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

3 comments:

krex said...

No hypocrisy intended ,(as I spent the last 4 hours surfing fiber related stuff on-line)....but I can relate to the sheer joy of losing the world while engaged in the wool, a truly Zen experience .

Shalana, the funky felter said...

I can relate... I really need to limit my computer time. My husband would tell you the same ;) LOL!

dorie said...

I know what you're telling - you need a lot of discipline to know when to stop with internet-surfing...

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus