Sunday, March 28, 2010

3 Scarves done...

These 3 are done. I finished felting them by noon as the layout had been done the day before. I then also laid out 3 simple laminate scarves (not the collage scarves which take much longer to layout) I have 3 more laminate scarves laid out the felt this morning. I have been asked to make more collage scarves by my galleries, but with spring here and summer approaching think lighter weight is the way to go. I will need to continue production on the scarves this summer so I am ready for Fall for the Guild Shop and my other galleries.

I am seriously considering buying a rolling machine. I did have one that I sold. It was when they first came out and it had no speed control. I found I was too impatient for the learning curve on using the thing (I just want to felt!)
But now, with the aches and pains in my elbow and shoulder think it may be time. I know they do not save any work and sometimes things take longer on the machine, but saving my body a little wear and tear may be worth the investment again. I only have to sell 57 scarves to pay for it (argh)
Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

5 comments:

Jagusia said...

Beautiful scarves. I'm impressed!
Super work :))

krex said...

Once again, I really wish I lived close enough to take a class with you . I love the new silks .

fer copello said...

I was just going to ask if you use a felting machine...Great job!!
I did one nuno scarve and it¨s too much harder work. As Krex I wish to live closer but I am in the south ...in Argentina.

Sweetpea said...

oooooh Andrea, I think these are just FABU!

...I vote to save the bod - buy the gizmo to help you create more of these wonders :>]

Anonymous said...

love love love! the patterns, colors and textures.

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus