Friday, September 9, 2011

Following my own advice....


I have been sketching, considering, mulling over, dreaming about, my second piece for the "Seeds 3" exhibition in Taos, New Mexico. The proposed sculptures are done and I am very happy with their colour and fun shapes, but the 2Dpiece has had me struggling to switch gears. I began layout today and had planned to do a variation of my sketches, but have decided to follow my own advice and "keep it simple". I am opting for colour, clean shapes and design on a larger scale and I am feeling really good about it and enjoying taking my time with the design. Oh, of course there will be some 3D elements. It would not be an "Andrea Graham" without that, now would it? You know I will keep you posted.
Visit my site www.andrea-graham.com

1 comment:

farmlady said...

I love seeing some of your unfinished pieces...
I wish I could take a class from you. What you do is amazing and I'm inspired to be creative with felt every time I look at one of your posts.

time to relax

time to relax
Liberatio Captivus